Friday, November 18, 2005

I was talking to a recent Imaginatik client just yesterday who was telling me about a revelation that he had. When he told his colleagues that he was looking at getting Idea Management software, it elicited the response: "Idea Management - what do we need that for?". After thinking for a bit he said - "You guys already have an Idea Management system....it just SUCKS."

After wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes, I realized that, to an extent, he was absolutely right. All companies already manage their ideas in some format - just in most cases this system is horribly inefficient and erratic. Formalizing and enabling this process using software is really about making a process most companies still take for granted, and enabling it to produce regular (and valuable) results that drive future business profitability. Six Sigma that!

I can see the next ad campaign now....

No comments: