ARTICLE: The CEO Refresher - Bringing Ideas to Life - Rick Maurer looks at "7" (I only counted 6!) main principles which you can use to make an idea into a reality.
1) Recognize Resistance for the idea
2) Consider the Context (Time + Place + Relationships = success or failure of idea)
3) Avoid Knee-Jerk Reactions - sit and think carefully about your responses - especially when facing resistance
4) Pay Attention to every detail and listen to other people's concerns carefully
5) Shut up and listen - If you want to know what other people really think, you'll have to let them do the talking
6) Connect without compromise - make room for others to join you - be willing to make it a group idea rather than just yours